Repair, Replacement and Installation
Flush Plumbing and Heating technicians specialize in installing and repairing all types of hot water boiler systems. We are here to help you whether you are wanting to install a new system or replacing an old system. If you are experiencing issues with your hot water heating system, we are here to help you resolve the issues correctly and quickly!
What's the difference between a heating boiler and a furnace?
In general, a "heating boiler" heats the building using hot water. A "furnace" heats the home using hot air or "warm air". Don't confuse the two since their means of making and distributing heat, their controls, and their equipment are mostly different.
10 Most Common Boiler Problems
Boiler issues can cause major chaos, especially if a problem occurs during the coldest of winter months. Boiler problems can be an expensive inconvenience and while some boiler issues can be addressed without the need to call a professional, sometimes an experienced heating technician will be mandatory. Even if you do maintain your boiler, problems can occur despite your efforts. We’ve listed 10 of the most common boiler problems:
1. No heat or hot water. This could be caused by a variety of things including; broken airlocks, failure of motorized valves or low water levels.
2. Pilot light going out. This could be due to a broken thermocouple, a deposit build up in the pilot light or a draft blowing the pilot light out.
3. Condensate pipe freezing. During extremely cold weather the condensation in this pipe may freeze and cause a blockage. This blockage makes the condensate ‘back up’ into the boiler which then will most likely cause a shutdown.
4. Kettling. Banging or popping noises in the central heating boiler, this is usually caused by either lime scale and corrosion debris becoming baked onto the inside surfaces of the heat exchanger, leading to localized boiling (due to hot-spots).
5. Losing pressure. A water leak in the system is the most common reason for a loss of pressure.
6. Boilers which keep switching off. This can be caused by low water pressure, problems with the thermostat and air in the system.
7. Thermostat issues. The older the thermostat the more likely it is to become less accurate, misreading temperature settings or turning the heating on/off by itself.
8. Leaking and dripping. Several issues could cause your boiler to leak water. The location of the leak would need to be found in order to identify the problem.
9. Strange banging noises. Air in the system is a common cause, this makes your central heating system emit some strange noises such as banging, whistling or gurgling sounds.
10. Radiators not getting hot. If your radiator is warm at the bottom, but not at the top, there may be air in the radiator which can be fixed by bleeding the radiator. If this is not the case, it may need a power flush to clear the pipes.
Your boiler is one of the most important appliances in your home, which is why you should keep an eye out for any of these common boiler problems. If you notice any problems with your boiler, give us a call 303-660-6006, we are here to help diagnose and repair your boiler quickly and efficiently.